Saturday, February 16, 2008

ख्वाब बुन रही है रात......

Was getting ready to go out.... when I first remembered these lines like an old friend. I was in school and junior college then; when I was great fan of songs- especially old ones.. Memories of these songs thus bring memories of those carefree days to surface... And these songs directly connect to my inner emotional world.

This re union started day before yesterday... as I mentioned, i was getting ready... I pushed the lines back and walked out of my house. Air was exceptionally warm for winter days, few steps ahead I saw a beautiful yellow bird couple chirping on the brown skeleton of winter tree. And unknowingly I started humming-

ख्वाब बुन रही है रात...... बेकरार है.....
तुम्हारा ..... इंतजार है....
lines started pouring....
होटों पर लिए हुए दिल की बात हम... जागते रहेंगे यु कितनी रात हम...
बस इतनी सी बात है..... तुम से प्यार है...

Hemant kumar is amazing, his songs float in the air like a magical spell!

सितारे सिमसिमाते है तो आजा आजा ... मचलती जा रहीं है हवाए आजा आजा...
सुलगती चांदनी में थम रहीं है तुम पे यह नज़र...

पेडों के शाखों पे सोई सोई चांदनी; तेरे खयालों में खोयी खोयी चांदनी,
और थोडी देर में थक के लौट जायेगी
रात यह बहारों की फिर कभी न आएगी
आजा अभी जिंदगी है ज़वा.......

Talat mixes his voice in the mood,

दम भर के लिए मेरी दुनिया में चली आओ,
तरसी हुई आखों को फिर शकल दिखा जाओ,
मुझसे तो मेरी बिगडी तकदीर नहीं बनती... तस्वीर नहीं बनती....

The spell lasts long!!!
All the gone days and years seem to return. They make me laugh at this stage of life, especially when, future does not promise much... :-)

1 comment:

Souvik Chatterji said...

Hemant Kumar was one of the notable personalities who made significant contribution in bollywood and tollywood music. He composed music for the films Nagin,