Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Muktangan

happened to read few poems written by someone... felt like posting my own poem- written sometime during 2nd year MBBS- inspiration was 'Muktangan' perhaps; where I witnessed positivity and efforts taken by addicts, their families and volunteer team of course... I listened to lives completely collapsed, devastated... severe family or professional problems, tensions... There consulting room was a dynamic stage always flooded with uncontrolled emotions. And there were so many shades, so many types, so many different depths achieved.
I closely monitored shallow emotions of a HIV positive and his ups and downs, worries of mothers, agony of wives, depression of poor vehicle drivers, tensions of middle class, entirely different world of a dentist schizophrenic, concerns of her old grandpa, careless experimentation of an adolescent drug addict and the ease with which he admitted it in front of his parents.
Every case I saw was different and made me think a lot. My petty sorrows, if there were any, were wiped off in this tremendous flood of experiences which showed me the 'true colors of life'. Which literally pulled me out of my protective shell, made me face bare realities even though as a third person.
Now with good career path, nice progress in tasks taken in hands, wonderful life partner and my characteristic optimism, I will hopefully never face any of those problems which i witnessed there; but those were eye openers, that was an introduction to sorrows and it enriched my optimism. My attitude- if people can face so many problems and it they can still live and struggle, life is worth living truly- was re enforced there. And I will never forget this fact ever.
Life never showed me dark colors till now, I never considered any event as negative part of life- though now retrospectively I sometimes feel for few moments that dad's death was a set back perhaps, on academic front, but still I know that it taught me the most valuable philosophy. He taught me even in the process of his own death.
Thus, though, life never was cruel with me, I developed an attitude to face unavoidable cruelties of life in Muktangan. It is my treasure of lifetime. And that made me write these lines.

एकवार मी सहज पाहिले मला स्वताला जरा न्याहालून,
शोधत असता जुन्याच वाटा, खुणा जयाच्या गेल्या हरवून!

दिवस जशी ही पिम्पल-पाने, गलून गेली कितिक भराभर,
हाती आले काहीच नाही, निसतले म्हणा वा हातातुन!

किव्हा काही खरच गवसले, कलले नाही मलाच केव्हा?
मर्म लागले कीनारयास पण सागर लाटा गेल्या परतुन...

आवेगांच्या, आवर्तांच्या, आभासांच्या कितिक लाटा...
बंध रेशमी तुटता तुटता, जीवन सारे गेल्या उसवून!

उसासण्याला नव्हता अंत, निश्वासातच बद्ध तराणे,
आयुष्याचे सुरम्य गाणे, सूरच गेले सारे हरवून!

विस्कटलेल्या याच पटावर केव्हा होते डाव रंगले,
केव्हा होत्या पडल्या नरदा... डावच गेला सगला उधलून!

अवसेच्या ह्या रात्रि काल्या मी पुनवेला शोधत आहे...
कालपटावर सुखदुक्खाच्या डाव पुन्हा उलगडत आहे!

Modest and highly incomplete attempt to express the immense optimism which I feel within!! :-)

No comments: